Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy GDPR Updated 24/05/2018
At ShareJunkies we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or subscribe to our newsletter.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
The following cookies are used on our site:
- Session ID
In order to facilitate browsing through our site, we use a so-called session ID (or session identifier in full), which is allocated to each user at the beginning of each visit to our site. This session ID enables our server to identify you and/or your computer/browser as the same visitor, even if the IP address may have changed in the meantime. Based on this session ID, several associated inquiries made by a user can be allocated to one session. The session ID cookie used by us will only be valid until the end of a session. It will be deleted automatically upon closing your browser.
- Google Analytics
This site collects and stores data for marketing and optimisation purposes using cookies-based technologies from Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA (Hereafter: “Google”). From this data, user profiles can be created under a pseudonym. Cookies allow recognition of the web browser you use. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there. We use Google Analytics with an IP anonymization feature on our site. In doing so, Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from member states of the European Union or signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The data collected with Google Analytics technologies will not be used without the explicit consent of the person concerned; it will not be used to personally identify visitors to this site and it will not be merged with personal data regarding the user of the pseudonym. Data collection and storage can be cancelled any time with effect for the future. In this case, a cookie will be stored on your computer which indicates to us for as long as it is stored on your computer that you do not want Google Analytics to be used. Please do not delete this cookie as long as you wish to maintain your objection.
- Google Maps with recommendation components
We use the “Google Maps” component on our site in combination with the so-called “Share function”. “Google Maps” is a service of Google. Each time this component is called up, Google sets a cookie in order to process the user configuration and data when the page with the integrated “Google Maps” component is displayed. As a general rule, this cookie is not deleted by closing the browser, but rather expires after a certain time, as long as it is not previously manually deleted by you. If you do not agree with this processing of your data, you may choose to deactivate the “Google Maps” serviceand thereby prevent the transfer of data to Google. To do this, you must deactivate the Java Script function in your browser. However, we would like to point out that in this case you will not be able to use “Google Maps” or at least only to a limited extent.
The Google Maps function also includes the following recommendation buttons:
“Google+-Button” from the company Google. “Facebook-Button” from the company Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA and the “Twitter-Button” from the company Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. By calling up the “Google Maps” page, these “Recommendation components” cause the browser you are using to download a corresponding display of the component from the respective provider. In this way, the respective provider mentioned above will be informed about which specific page of our internet site you are currently visiting. If you are logged in to your personal account at the provider previously mentioned at the time of calling up the “Google Maps” page, this will be able to collect the information obtained about the sites recommended by you as well as your IP address and other browser relevant information and link it to your respective account.
If you want to prevent this transmission and storage of data by the respective provider about you and your behaviour on our site, you must log out of those providers before you visit our site. You can find out more about the data collection of the respective providers in their privacy policies online.
- Use of Google AdSense
- Our site employs Google AdSense. Google AdSense is a service of Google for incorporating advertisements. Google-AdSense uses so-called “cookies“, text files, that are stored to your computer and which provide analysis of the use of our site. furthermore, Google AdSense uses so-called “web beacons“. Web beacons allow Google to analyze information, such as visitor traffic to our site. This information, along with your IP address and the ad format displayed, is transmitted to Google in the US where it is stored and may be transferred by Google to contracting partners. However, Google does not merge your IP-address with other stored data on you. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our site. By using our site you declare that you agree to theprocessing of data collected about you by Google in the manner previously described and for the purposes there specified.
- The use of Google Remarketing
Use of affilinet tracking cookies. Our site employs affilinet tracking cookies in order to correctly record sales and/or leads. Cookies are small text files that are saved to your computer when you visit a site. These affilinet tracking cookies do not store
personal data of any kind. Instead, it only collects the identification number of the intermediary partner as well as the reference number of the advertising material that was clicked on by the visitor to the site. This information is required in order to process the payment transaction between the site operator and the advertiser. The partner identification number serves to designate the intermediary partner to which a commission is to be paid once a transaction has been concluded. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our site.
- Online advertising / third-party cookies
- Some of the cookies on our site are used by our co-operation partners for the purposes of online marketing (so-called third-party cookies). Here is some more information:When you visit our site for the first time, specific cookies from our advertising partners are stored on your computer and used by our co-operation partners for switching, optimisation and evaluation of online advertising. These cookies collect information such as the products you view on our site. Advertisements of our deals can subsequently be switched on sites of partners of the advertising networks of our cooperation partners (so-called usage-based advertising). When ads appear on other sites, information about your visit to this site where we have an advertisement – such as how many times you have viewed an ad – will be collected and passed on to us. However, no personal data are generated or forwarded. You can therefore not be identified personally on the basis of this information.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- To provide you with relevant Google AdSense advertising.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Newsletter Opt-In & Option to Unsubscribe
For subscribing to our newsletter, you need to explicitly consent at all times, if you have opted in for receiving future email marketing updates, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe link” in the emails you receive from us. You can also send an email with “unsubscribe from newsletter” in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via our contact form.